The commitment of our 18,050 staff is key to our success. We are one of the largest local employers and we aim to develop and support all our staff so they are able to deliver high quality, safe and efficient care. The 2019 NHS staff survey results show that we have one of the most engaged and motivated workforces in the NHS. We know this has a positive impact on the care provided to our patients.
We have one of the most ambitious capital investment programmes anywhere in the NHS.
Are you an experienced project manager with a keen interest in improving London air quality?
Are you looking for a meaningful job that will make a real difference to Londoners and our environment?
This NHS role, in partnership with Guy’s and St Thomas’ Charity, will help reduce London air pollution and its impacts on local people. The successful candidate will be joining us during an exciting time as we get a new sustainability strategy approved by the Trust Board and embark on initial stages of delivery.
You will have a budget to develop an air quality programme (identifying and implementing 3-4 key projects) that will feed into the Trust sustainability strategy. You will be required to:
- Draw on existing air pollution data to understand air quality levels in and around the trust and changes over time.
- Provide insight on the current level of awareness and concern of patients/staff about air quality.
- Understand how the Trust’s operations, supply chain and employees currently contribute to air pollution.
- Identify and implement key opportunity areas where the Trust could make changes to address air pollution.
- Draft proposals to Guy’s and St Thomas’ Charity, the Trust and other funders.
- Set up a network of Trust staff and develop senior level buy-in and ownership for a programme of work on air pollution.
The successful candidate will have specialist knowledge and experience of implementing air quality practices in the context of environmental and social responsibility, in a large complex organisation.
If you would like to be considered for our opportunity within our friendly and supportive team, please apply online.
Interviews will be held on 8th October 2020 via Microsoft Teams
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select “Save Target As…”. You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
To apply for this job please visit www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk.