Website London Borough of Bexley
We are seeking an experienced manager to work in the Parks and Open Spaces Team of Bexley Council’s Communities Department. We require an experienced Parks and Landscape Manager with a history of running a team delivering parks, allotment, cemeteries and parks events services. The post holder will have extensive experience in procuring and managing park’s services and capital funded landscaping projects. They will be experienced in supporting and managing staff to provide a high level of services to Bexley residents and demonstrate an understanding of the challenges of the management of Parks and Open Spaces, allotments and Cemeteries. They will also have an awareness of the need to be commercially minded when seeking opportunities to generate income for the support of Council services.
They are required to design and manage capital and externally funded projects including supervision of contractors and budget control to achieve successful construction outcomes on site. Provide technical advice to Head of Parks and Open Spaces, team members, colleagues, Members, the public and external bodies in connection with the services. And, specify, write tender documents and oversee the procurement of services and projects to provide services and projects that are value for money, achieved to programme and meet that the needs of residents.
What we offer
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is anouter London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 23/10/2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated interview date: TBC
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bexley.gov.uk.