This is a really exciting opportunity to join the Council’s proactive and successful Energy & Active Travel Team.
The team has responsibility for a wide range of environmental activities including:
• Energy management and invest to save projects
• Carbon reduction & environmental projects
• Supporting residents with home energy efficiency and affordable warmth
• Investing in renewable energy projects
• Delivering a large suite of active travel projects to increase walking and cycling across the county.
• Management of the council’s corporate fleet
• Delivering a range of low carbon European funded projects on energy efficiency, public buildings and renewable energy.
The main activities of the successful applicant include:
• Managing an exciting new, European funded, renewable energy grant scheme across the Herefordshire and Shropshire.
• Liaising effectively with:
o Partners and stakeholders – including government departments, other local authorities, the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership and officers from across the council.
o Scheme applicants – including businesses, not for profit organisations, community organisations and charities.
• Engaging positively with potential applicants, seeking to encourage, educate and support new renewable energy projects.
• Reporting progress to the project board, steering group, government departments, senior council officers and members
• Promoting and provide advice on renewable energy technologies across Herefordshire and Shropshire.
For further information, please contact, Ben Boswell on 01432 261930 or on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application; please contact Hoople Resourcing at email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: 7 June 2019
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria of the job are guaranteed an interview.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must apply online for this vacancy, we do not accept emailed CV’S.
Please specify whether you have a disability.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.hoopleresourcing.co.uk.